- Roasted Rhubarb (with Greek Yogurt)
- Rhubarb Raspberry Betty (via the Wednesday Chef)
- Country Rhubarb Cake (via the Wednesday Chef)
- Stewed Rhubarb with White Wine and Vanilla Beans (via Orangette)
Glenda's Glorious Rhubarb Pie
via MM's Mom
- 2 c flour
- 1 t salt
- ⅔ c plus 2 T shortening
- 5 T cold water
- 1⅓ to 1⅔ c sugar
- ⅓ c flour (MM note: or more...this is your thickening agent)
- ½ t grated orange peel
- 4 c fresh rhubarb (cut into ½" pieces)
- 2 T butter
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl and cut in shortening with a pastry cutter. Make sure shortening is thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle in water and mix to form dough.
- Roll dough into two, round pie crusts.
- Line pie pan with one crust, set the other aside.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stir together sugar, flour and orange peel.
- Place half of the rhubarb into pastry lined pie pan and sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining rhubarb and sugar; dot with butter. Cover with top crust, cut slits in top,sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Bake 40 to 50 min. until juices begin to bubble through slits in crust.
- Remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking.