Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Food: Simple Pleasures - Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwich

I'm not quite sure what I did before Trader Joe's. It was my first introduction to goat cheese (years ago I had a wonderful dip at their store consisting of warm goat cheese and bruschetta and I've been hooked on the musky cheese ever since). And this is another one of my guilty pleasures - a toasted sandwich consisting of TJ's Tuscan Pane bread (which makes wonderful toast), their to-die-for roasted red pepper spread with eggplant and garlic (my mom adds this to grilled cheese with her homemade hot peppers for the best grilled cheese sandwich ever), and warm goat cheese. I'm sure I could spice it up by adding some fresh basil leaves or some warm, roast chicken. But honestly, I love the simplicity of this sandwich. It makes me want to take a long, leisurely bike ride through the country, stopping for a picnic under some gigantic oak trees or tote a picnic basket to a beach to sit around a bonfire with a crisp glass of wine. If only every sandwich made you think of being on vacation!

trader joe's, roasted red pepper, goat cheese, sandwich, motown maiden
trader joe's, roasted red pepper, goat cheese, sandwich, motown maiden


trader joe's, roasted red pepper, goat cheese, sandwich, motown maiden

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails