Thursday, April 30, 2009

Gardening: Dreaded Spring Task - Tackling the Patio Furniture

This past weekend I tackled one of my most dreaded spring tasks - oiling the wood patio furniture. Before starting the project I was debating if pretty wood was really worth all of the effort (as I do every year before spending half a day brushing and rubbing away). I also wondered why I really need a table, 6 chairs, a bench, and other side items (potting bench, end tables, etc) for just lil' ol' me. I could have saved myself a lot of effort by just having one chair and table! :) The good news is I started early on Saturday and finished up around lunch time. So I still had time to enjoy the weather and spare some of my day off besides being able to enjoy patio furniture that looks like new again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails