Monday, April 20, 2009

Gardening: Starting from Seed

This year I decided to try growing ornamental grass from seed for the first time. Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of luck starting plants from seed in the past - probably since I get a little too anxious when it comes time to put them outside during the day and bring them in at night. But I took a leap of faith that this year that I will get it right and all the little babies will survive and grow into lovely plants! This past weekend I planted three, 72-cell seed starting containers. Although I did plant a few flower seeds, the trays primarily contain ornamental grass with the goal to develop plugs for a yard privacy barrier. Here's what my project looks like right now...all of the seeds are nested in moist little peat pots. Germinate little seeds, germinate!





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails